if you want a website that sells, put a salesperson behind the keyboard.
When I write your copy, you benifit from my...
The three kinds of clients I work for:
my process and deliverables
- Look at all your current marketing and broadly research your competitors and market.
- Meet with you to do a deep dive into your business. I ask all kinds of questions to understand who you are, what you stand for, and the value of what you offer. We will brainstorm together so that I come away knowing exactly what you need and can begin my work.
- Send you an early and not-yet-spectacular draft of your copy to make sure I am on the right track before wasting time on something you don’t love.
- Complete and send my final draft to my editor (an award-winning journalist and magazine editor,) who proofreads and suggests clarifying changes.
- Provide you the edited draft of your copy for you to request revisions. I keep revising as long as it’s reasonable to do so, but typically one round of edits is all that’s necessary.
- Work with your web designer to align my copy with the right graphic elements (checklists, icon lists, pricing graphs, images, etc.) so that my writing’s power isn’t lost in the site’s design.
- Make any final tweaks to the copy on the completed site before it launches.
- Earn your referrals and repeat business until I am writing from a boat where I hit golf balls into turquois oceanwater and sip foo-foo drinks.
How do we get started?
If you would like to discuss hiring me, we’ll set up a Zoom meeting where we can get to know each other. We will talk about your company and your project to determine if we think there’s a good fit and we’d like to work together. I’ll send over a formal proposal and, if everything looks good, we will get started.
Most people tell me that this consultation was well worth their time, even if they don’t hire me. I will provide a valuable “second set of eyes” on your marketing.
To start the process, just click the blue “Get Started” button below and use the short form to introduce yourself. I will get in touch soon to schedule a meeting.